Lyon my love
A 2 days tour
I traveled all around Lyon and created the perfect tour for you.
I have created the perfect two-day itinerary in Lyon, France! With my carefully planned route, visitors will be able to experience the city’s top attractions, sample its delectable cuisine, and soak up the local culture. From exploring the historic Old Town to savoring a glass of wine in a quaint bistro, my itinerary has it all.
- Visit the Roman amphitheater and theater at Fourvière Hill and the Gallo-Roman Museum.
- Continue your morning by visiting the Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière, a stunning church with panoramic views over Lyon.
- Take the funicular down the hill and walk to the historic Old Town (Vieux Lyon) to explore its charming cobblestone streets, hidden traboules, and Renaissance architecture.
- Grab a quick lunch at a bouchon, a traditional Lyonnaise restaurant known for its hearty cuisine.
- Visit the Parc de la Tête d’Or, a large park with a lake, botanical gardens, and a zoo.
- Walk along the banks of the Saône River and cross the pedestrian bridge, Passerelle Saint-Vincent, to reach the lively Croix-Rousse neighborhood.
- Have dinner at one of the many restaurants in Croix-Rousse and enjoy a glass of wine while people-watching.
- Take a stroll through the neighborhood’s charming streets and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Visit the Musée des Beaux-Arts, one of the largest fine arts museums in France.
- Walk through the Place des Terreaux, a central square with a beautiful fountain and the City Hall.
- Head to the Presqu’île neighborhood for some shopping and window browsing.
Have lunch at a brasserie and try some local specialties like quenelles and gratin dauphinois.
After lunch you can choose one of the following alternatives:
- Visit to Les Halles de Lyon, the famous indoor market, to sample local cheeses, meats, and wines.
- Visit the Confluence Museum and area, a new modern district where the Saône and Rhône rivers meet. The museum features interactive exhibits on science, technology, and society, and the area has a variety of restaurants, shops, and outdoor spaces to explore.
- Visit Monplaisir and the Institut Lumière, a historic cinema and museum dedicated to the Lumière brothers, pioneers of cinema. The museum showcases the history of cinema and the Lumière brothers’ inventions, and the area has several restaurants and cafes to relax and enjoy the ambiance.
- End your trip with a dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant or a cozy bistro, and raise a glass of Côtes du Rhône to a wonderful time in Lyon.
What you will see
in this Tour
If you’re short on time and want to see the main sights in Lyon, France, then the 2-day itinerary I’m about to provide can be very helpful. However, if you prefer a more personalized tour of the city and want to explore it at your own pace, you can always hire me as your private guide. Just send me an email at email@example.com and we can discuss your preferences and interests to create a tailored itinerary that suits you best.